LPTexas News: August 2021
Get Out There And Live
While the temperatures in August are hotter than Satan's armpit, we hope you are packing these last few weeks of freedom with as much fun as you can. According to Marcus Tullius Cicero, freedom is the power to live as one wishes... so get out there and live.
If you haven't heard the big news yet, the LPTexas chair Whitney Bilyeu is now the chair for the National Libertarian Party. Her calm, focused leadership has driven LPTexas to the top of the state affiliates, and she will be leading our National party into greatness as well. Congratulations Whitney, we are all so proud of you!
Lots of great news is packed in this newsletter, and be sure to read all the way to the end for some laughs.
COUNTY AFFILIATE NEWS
LPTexas recently expanded our support for county party affiliates by adding four new Affiliate Liaisons to our Volunteer Staff! Together with the Affiliate Coordinator, these Liaisons form our new Affiliate Team dedicated to proactively supplying guidance, materials, and encouragement to county leadership. Meet the new team members by reading the full announcement here.
We look forward to further developing our support for leaders of county parties! Please reach out any time with questions: [email protected]
July was definitely been a hectic month in Texas! With the election of our own State Chair as the new National Chair, planning for the upcoming 50th Anniversary Party, the Texas Democrats walking out of the special legislative session, the Olympic games beginning, more changes in COVID responses, and many more issues on our plate, the Communications team has managed to produce modest results in our growth numbers as seen below.
We are also in the process of procuring the equipment to produce a high-quality live stream for events like our quarterly SLEC meeting, State Conventions, Debates, and guest speakers. Be on the lookout for that soon.
The Development Department is excited to report that our membership is more than double what it was at the first of this year (220%), and our membership donation income is up to almost double (180%). We're also happy to welcome two new Platinum members, Joe Gleinser and James Douglas, new Silver member Josh Cobb, and new Bronze member Carter Fanning.
If you haven't already joined LPTexas as a donating member, you can join today at LPTexas.org/donate.
Watch this space! Next month we'll be rolling out some exciting news for our members—stay tuned!
Michael Wigington of Dallas County is doing what we all hope to do: Making an impact in the lives of people facing persecution for violating a "Victimless Crime" by educating his community about Jury Nullification. Together with his sister Michelle, they passed out over 400 fliers in a single day of block walking while enduring Texas heat. Talk about Volunteer of the month!
Want to volunteer for LPTexas? Join here.
Let's tip our hats to those who clutched their pearls at the Texas Capitol as Texans finally achieved Constitutional Carry!
The Q3 SLEC meeting will be held in Mesquite on August 21st, 9 am at the Hampton Inn. That evening we'll be having a Wild West Pimp-Style Costume Party.
Interpret the theme as you will and come in costume to party with your favorite Libertarians! The evening will include food & drinks, a photo booth, a designated gaming area (bring your own board games), a prize for best costume, and more!
BONUS: For anyone arriving on Friday night (before the SLEC meeting) we will be having a happy hour/pool party at the hotel and your drink tickets can be used at either event.
If your County, SD, Caucus, or organization would like to be a featured sponsor, there are several options available from $100 - $500. Contact [email protected]
The Libertarian Party is bringing campaign and leadership training to Region 7 on the weekend of September 25th at the Hilton Garden Inn Shreveport. LPTexas will join our host LP Louisiana and fellow LNC Region 7 affiliates for this training.
The mission is to familiarize Libertarian candidates and staff with the basic elements of running a political campaign and to train present and future affiliate leaders.
If you are a prospective candidate, campaign volunteer, or interested in taking a more active role with the LP, join us in Shreveport in September.
Click here for more information and to register!
County affiliate events for June:
- El Paso County Libertarian Party has a weekly Freedom Friday Hike, the next one is August 6th, 9 am at Chuck Heinrich Memorial Park.
- Tarrant County Libertarian Party is having a game night at the Pizza Garden on August 7th, 7 pm.
- Washington County Libertarians is having their August social meetup on August 9th, 6:30 pm at Guadalajara Mexican Restaurant.
- Libertarian Party of Brazoria County is having their monthly social meeting on August 13th, 7:30 pm at El Patio Tex-Mex Grill & Bar.
- Tarrant County Libertarians are having a liberty brunch at The Bearded Lady on August 14th at 11 am.
- Victoria County Libertarian Party is having their monthly meetup in the Community Room in the Victoria Mall on August 15th, 2 pm.
- LPBexar is having a discussion meeting at Jim's Restaurants on August 17th, 7 pm.
- Libertarian Party of Fort Bend County is having their Third Party Thursday on August 19th, 6 pm.
- Libertarian Party of Navarro County is having a monthly meeting on August 21st, 5:30 pm at Sirloin Stockade - Corsicana.
- Williamson County Libertarian Party is having a monthly meetup at Lupe Tortilla on August 24th, 6:30 pm.
- El Paso County Libertarian Party has a monthly party meeting on August 26th, 7:30 pm.
- Houston Libertarian Happy Hour is happening at Cottonwood on August 27th, 6 pm.
- Libertarian Party of Texas Waller County is having a meetup and BBQ on August 29th, 3 pm.
LPTexas Communications Dept.